Workshop: Tesla advert - Lydia


In a previous blog post, I wrote about transport adverts e.g. Uber. In our workshop on Friday, I decided to use the Mr Bean clip from the blog post, to create a short rough advert for Tesla. I wanted to practice editing footage and adding graphics / text to create a 30 second ad in prep for the final adverts. I really don't like the music for the advert but there wasn't much to work with initially in the workshop files, but I think it's an okay start considering I've never used premier pro software before.

In the workshop, we learned about how effects and transitions can be used to change the tone of the footage, and I played around with editing Love Actually footage so that the film had a different plot all together. We looked at a couple of examples of genre bending, such as Mrs Doubtfire turned into a horror movie. I found the workshop super helpful, as I've never used video editing software before, and I found it really easy to pick up the skill and create short videos with it. My next step from the workshop is to carry on creating short adverts so that myself and Jemina can decide which ones we like, then improve on a couple to turn them into finals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The effect of sound - Jemina

Anthony Smith - Jemina

Tom Attah - Lydia